Technology is a vital communication lifeline. We have seen this become ever more evident over the last 18 months amid the pandemic.
For young people who are facing homelessness, this is a continuing battle. Without the means to afford a PC, laptop, or tablet, many young people are unable to apply for jobs, undertake life skills and employability training, speak directly to support workers or connect with loved ones.
For already isolated young people, technology can be the difference between drowning in a modern world and keeping afloat.
With many of us transitioning towards a more flexible way of working, now is the time to think about your organisation’s surplus equipment and how it could achieve the most lifechanging impact.
LandAid’s partnership with Computers 4 Charity over the last six months has seen the positive difference that can be made when charities supporting young people facing homelessness are provided with computers. We have seen that desktop access gives young people the tools to stay connected and achieve a more stable future through applying for jobs and benefits, completing training and participating in engaging activities such as music production.
That is why we are striving to expand this partnership by encouraging the donation of surplus PCs, laptops, and tablets from across the property industry.
Register your interest with Computers 4 Charity here
- Register your interest using the link above,
- The team at Computers 4 Charity will be in touch to talk to you about your donation and logistics,
- All computers will be refurbished by Computers 4 Charity on a purely charitable non-profit basis,
- All data is securely data wiped to any preferred standard,
- Any parts that cannot be reused will be recycled. There is no waste!
- The process is end-to-end secure, safety tested, environmentally compliant, and software licence legal,
- You will receive updates about where your donation has gone and the impact that it is creating.