Knight Frank helped Groundswell find new offices in central London that saved them £40,000 a year in rent and utilities
Any charity working to support homeless people in the UK can apply for pro bono support. Some examples of what we may be able to help with are below, this list is not exhaustive.
Please do be aware that submitting an application does not mean we will definately be able to find a match but we will do our best to fill requests.
1. Property: lease negotiations and property law in order to help charities negotiate a rent-free period due to the pandemic
2. Law: incl charity and finance law as well as employment law
3. Communications support
4. Logistics: how to get stuff to people
5. Project and change management
6. Temporary accommodation: accessing, negotiating, and turning it into short-term units during isolation
7. Technology: loan or donate laptops, computers, printers, cables, furniture, and smartphones; advice on how to use technology for example skills building or anything to improve mental health, and also access to internet and data
8. Cleaning: facilities management, H&S teams with knowledge of protocols
9. Finance: how to access reserves/restricted funds and how this will impact on long-term finance: financial modelling, loan/debt advisory, planning and cost-benefit analysis
10. HR: managing redundancies, illness, possible changes to contracts etc
11. Business management and leadership: building resilience, adapting to change and strategic advice
Applying to LandAid’s pro bono programme does not guarantee that we will be able to match your problem - however we will do our best.