About the Organisation
Age UK is the country’s leading charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We provide companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most. AGE UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire are an affiliate to AGE UK, but we are independently funded and have our own branding.
Since 1986 our vision has been for Herefordshire and Worcestershire to be a great place to grow older through a variety of ways to promote independence. Our headquarter is located around 5 miles out of the centre of Worcester and is accessed by around 200 volunteers and 100 staff (not all at once) and provide the following services:
- Living Well Team – last year we received 4242 calls, supported 151 clients following a stay in hospital, made 17,000 contacts and supported benefit entitlement check and applications, successfully applying for £1,305,423 and 632 clients were referred for post diagnostic dementia support.
- Home Support – our Help at Home team received 359 referrals for support with shopping, cleaning and general errands and provided over 11,000 visits during the year.
- Befriending service – our 51 volunteer telephone befrienders provided 3764 calls.
- Digital Cafes – received 533 attendances last year, providing 121 supports for older adults.
- Clinical for podiatry – our podiatrists provided 274 appointments.
- Meeting Centres – provided 1869 clients sessions.
The lease on Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire’s existing office space is due for renewal next year. They have a preference to remain in their current premises, but the Trustees would like to explore alternative options as their service charge has increased by £4,000 a quarter. They currently pay £48,000 a year in rent and £6,400 service charge a quarter.
They have already asked several agents for quotes, but they have not received any responses to date. The charity would therefore be very grateful for pro bono offers of support to identify any alternative premises that are available for lease locally. This will support their decision-making around whether to move and/or their ability to have effective conversations with the landlord around the current lease.
The charities requirements include:
- £8 or below per sqm2.
- Within 5 or 10 miles of current location.
- Disabled access and parking.
- Square footage of 7,696sqm2.