About the Organisation
We are a Youth Charity based in North West London using football as a medium to engage with young people and providing education, training and employment for those that have struggled in mainstream education. This includes many referrals from local jobcentres for young people whose first language is not English. More recently we have begun to provide emergency accommodation.
During 2021/2022 we have supported young people with the following:
- Access back into education & support with key stage 4 at school
- Entry into traineeship programmes
- A series of short courses particularly around employability
- Kickstart employability programme, resulting in 100 employment contracts for young people (4 at Rangers Football club, 4 at London Rangers and the rest signposted to other jobs).
The young people also have an opportunity to play and compete in football matches and tournaments developing their skills as sports people via our established club. After appealing for funding to run the football club and youth charity we received generous and ongoing funding from Rangers Football Club based in Scotland, hence the name of our charity and club.
We established our accommodation offer in response to the needs of the young people we support, who are not in education, employment, or training. They often have issues at home, leading to the need for secure and safe accommodation. Many are sofa surfing and are referred to outside organisations for accommodation. We recently began leasing a 3-bedroom property from a charity called Green Pastures, enabling us to begin offering housing to service users
London Rangers is in the process of moving sites to a former temporary school. The premises is in good condition and ideal for their needs. To improve the external facilities, and generate additional revenue for the chairty, they have now been offered a second-hand 3G Astro turf football pitch.
The project will involve ground works, laying turf, fencing and lighting. Dimensions are 1 x 7-a-side pitch and 2 x 5-a-side pitches, totalling 3000 sqm. The charity also see this as an opportunity for the young people they support to gain experience and they would particularly welcome offers from partners who would be open to supporting trainees to ‘learn on the job’, whilst being overseen by experts.
To enable them to re-lay the pitch at their new site, London Rangers would welcome support with ONE or ALL the following requests:
1. Project Management to oversee installation of the 3G pitch.
2. Design/Architecture – a modern, innovative, and exciting 3G pitch space and establish cost plans to help inform their funding models.
3. Landscaping work to install the 3G pitches
4. Materials to form a 40mm Macadam layer, (engineered base). Including, tarmac or asphalt (780 tonnes); sub base stone (600 tonnes); geotextile membrane (7700m2); perforated pipe (1800m).
London Rangers would like the design work to commence as soon as possible with the installation to take place from July and be completed by September.