About the Organisation
One YMCA has served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day. We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people and ensure that there are opportunities for young people throughout our work, from apprentices to work experience and childcare to youthwork.
The diverse range of services, programmes and initiatives that we offer in order to support our local communities to belong, contribute and thrive, include:
- Support & Advice – Includes our Youth Work and Therapeutic & Specialist services.
- Accommodation – We run four hostels and provide supported living facilities.
- Family Work – our Early Childhood Partnership and Hertfordshire Family Centre Services.
- Health & Wellbeing – Our gyms and community HUBs are vital to improve the lives of our community.
- Training & Education – our nurseries and early lives education programmes.
- Woodlands Café – Our exciting new Woodlands Café in Leavesden Country Park.
One YMCA Place & Environment team are innovating how they manage, maintain and improve their Property Portfolio.
Previous energy audits have focussed on their energy consumption levels and the charity are now keen to implement a more robust estate/asset led green strategy, to include identifying the potential interventions and improvements that could be made through a programme of retrofitting activity.
The charity would therefore be grateful for pro bono advice to help them develop an energy sustainability strategy to help establish a costed 5-year delivery plan.