The Youth Hub is an emergency accommodation service in London designed and run specifically for young Londoners either currently or at risk of being homelessness.
The pan-London project is a 26-bed service in London providing single, en-suite rooms for 18-24 year olds who are currently or at imminent risk of sleeping rough.
Several partners and statutory services refer young people into the project. Young people from across nearly each of the London boroughs have benefitted from this essential provision.
The hostel provides:
- All of the essential items needed including toiletries
- Financial support for extras including travel
- 24-hour support staff on site providing guidance and advice
- Personalised help to ensure young people find a home that suits their needs
- Referrals out to other specialist organisations on a case-by-case basis
Young people are supported to move-on into longer-term accommodation. They also receive support for mental or physical health, substance misuse, employment, education and training or immigration advice.
The Youth Hub is an enormously in-demand service, providing a vital safety net for the most at risk, a safe place to stay in the short term as we find them somewhere to call home in the long term.