The Routes out of Homelessness Grant is currently on hold.
We anticipate re-opening later this year, Winter 2023.
If you would like to be notified once we are open for applications,
please get in touch with us at: email@example.com to be placed on the waiting list.
You can find full information about our grant programmes here.
If you work for, or represent, a non-profit organisation working to support young people (16-25) who are/have been homeless, then you may be eligible to apply for one of our Routes out of Homelessness grants.
We offer three core grant programmes. They are each linked to the provision of a different type of bedspace as defined by the Positive Pathway which recognises three distinct types of accommodation: Emergency, Supported, and Independent (see diagram below).
Each of these is an important element of a holistic approach to provision, but none of them are enough on their own. For that reason we seek to fund the following grants across the UK:
- Safe Places Programme: To create new/additional hosting bedspaces, generally bedspaces in the homes of individuals or families who may be volunteers or paid. These bedspaces would generally be used for emergency housing, or as a form of supported housing.
- Capital Grants Programme: To create bedspaces in properties owned by, or on a long-term lease to charitable organisations. These bedspaces could be used for emergency, supported or move-on accommodation.
- Move-on Grants Programme: To unlock bedspaces in the private, or social, rental sector. These bedspaces will be for move-on accommodation. These grants would be for charities working with young people who are ready and wanting to move forward into independent living, but face barriers in accessing rental accommodation.
Applying for a grant
If you are interested in applying to any of our programmes, you should first read through our Eligibility Criteria and FAQs and the Grant Application and Assessment Process before completing our Expression of Interest form.
We welcome applications from all charitable organisations with a project that meets our criteria, but we’re particularly interested in hearing about projects that will create bedspaces with the following attributes:
- Based in the North-East, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
- For groups of young people who may be disproportionately at risk of homelessness. This would include young people of colour, young refugees and young people identifying as LGBTQ+
- Which would be transformational for the charity and/or local area
For more information on the impact we’re trying to achieve with our grants, please refer to Our impact.