LandAid is the property industry charity. We aim to unite the industry to achieve our mission of ending youth homelessness.
We do this in two main ways…
● Grant making – forming a link between donors and charities in need,
● Pro bono support – matching charitable requests with offers of free professional support in the form of advice, services, and materials.
LandAid’s pro bono programme
At LandAid we work with a wide range of property professionals to support charitable causes right across the UK.
Matching projects in the right way is very important. We work proactively with all parties involved to develop projects that are impactful for beneficiaries and suitable to business’ specific expertise and interests. We work hard to develop our networks across the UK. Pro bono works best when it is local, connecting property professionals with compelling causes and making a positive impact in the communities where they live and work. Such care means that all businesses and charities involved can form close positive working relationships, enabling the best chance for success.
Getting involved in pro bono work of course has tangible impacts for the charitable cause you’re supporting, but there are also commercial benefits for your business too.
1. Strengthening tender responses – public sector procurers and larger private employers are placing greater importance on social value work when assessing tenders and adding companies to their preferred supplier lists.
2. Building your brand – there’s the potential for local and national PR exposure, including through LandAid’s media relationships, helping you to grow and solidify your brand image.
3. Finding, training and retaining talent – a company’s social and environmental commitments are now a priority for many professionals and a big factor when choosing where they want to work and develop.
4. Providing networking opportunities – the work gives you an opportunity to network and collaborate with like-minded professionals and potential clients.