About the Organisation
The Deptford Ragged Trust is a Christian charity which aims to relieve poverty, hardship, distress, homelessness and sickness in Deptford and the surrounding area.
We provide a welcoming, safe and inclusive space in central Deptford. With a small staff team and 200+ volunteers, we provide the following activities to thousands of people of diverse faiths, ethnicity, age, socio-economic background and ability every year; toddler groups, a soup kitchen for those who experience food poverty and are socially isolated, English classes for refugees and asylum seekers, local heritage projects, film and live music events, as well as partnering with other local initiatives in our community.
We are mid-way through a redevelopment which will serve Deptford with socially affordable flats for 33 young people in severe housing need, a flexible community space and a social enterprise cafe/kitchen for training and employment.
This is a significant development scheme, expected to cost close to £10million. Its aim is to provide safe, high-quality, affordable housing and support residents to increase mental wellbeing and personal resilience whilst acquiring the social and employability skills to create healthy relationships with the wider community. The provision of 33 flats will disrupt long-term homelessness. This initiative will provide home, shelter, security and a launch pad for young people to build their futures from.
The 6-storey redevelopment is over 75% complete, and the shell and core of the community space will be finished by April 2024 ready for fit out.
The Deptford Ragged Trust are seeking support with the fit-out of the community space and would welcome support with procurement and installation of the following:
- Fire sprinkler system on the ground floor
- Ground source heating pump, heat exchanger and hot water cylinder
- Electrical fit-out
- Air handling system for air movement to the main auditorium
- Full industrial kitchen
- Platform lift (access)
- Hot & cold water supply to toilets, kitchenettes, garden &
- Bar fit-out
- Auditorium stage and backstage fit-out
- Direction & emergency signage
- Mechanical ventilation heat recovery systems to all toilet areas
- Audio visual, public address system
- Stage lighting
- Plastering, dry lining, decorations
- Toilet fitout
- Floor coverings and entrance matting
- Internal doors
- Stud walls for toilets, storage rooms, cupboards, all shelving
- Skirtings and architraves
- 2 Kitchenettes
- Stair handrails and balustrades
Fit-out begins in April 2024